Archive for July, 2011
JULY IS NATIONAL RECREATION AND PARKS MONTH
Let’s take a break from discussing boring new Legislation. Did you know that 75 percent of Americans live within two miles of a public park or recreation facility, and that more than 75 percent of us visit them each year? In recognition of the importance of parks and recreation facilities in our lives, and to foster the well-being of our environment and communities, the National Recreation and Park Association designated the month of July as Recreation and Parks Month in 1985.
As your estate planning law firm, we tend to focus on the financial security of you and your family. Of course, we are also concerned with your physical and emotional well-being. This is why we wholeheartedly support National Recreation and Parks Month and hope that it will serve as a reminder for you and your loved ones to take advantage of our valuable resources. Here are just a few of the benefits afforded by taking advantage of what America’s parks and recreation facilities have to offer:
• Improved physical and mental health. Recreation and active living can help increase life expectancy by as much as two years and make for a more balanced, happier life
• The development of specialized skills, a positive self image and creativity in children and grandchildren
• Increased ability to concentrate and learn
• The opportunity to build stronger family relationships by spending quality time together
• And, perhaps most of all, the opportunity to get out and enjoy time spent with family and friends in a beautiful setting
If you would like to learn more about the parks and activities near you, visit NRPA.org. Then, take advantage of the next nice day, gather your family and friends together, and head out to the nearest park for a little recreating!